Join Zoom Prayer Meeting
Meeting ID: 479 892 708
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,479892708# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,479892708# US (New York)
Ways to Give @ Greater Friendship
1. Online: give.greatfriend.org
2. Text: 612-502-5722
3. Postal Service: P.O. Box 8555, Minneapolis, MN 55408
Any questions or need assistance with giving?
Call Deacon Jonathan Carter: 612-432-6832
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Greetings Greater Friendship MBC Family,
The news worldwide is now focused on Coronavirus Disease 2019, also called COVID-19. Your health and wellbeing is important to us. We are regularly monitoring information from our local government, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and others related to COVID-19 preparations, guidelines, and recommendations. Therefore, due to such widespread media we thought it necessary to provide an update regarding plans for our church family.
Health officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) are monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness, called coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
Cases of COVID-19 are also being reported in a growing number of countries internationally, including the United States, where the first case of COVID-19 was detected in a traveler returning from Wuhan on Jan. 21, 2020.
We realize there are a lot of questions. This message is sent out in order to take precautions and answer some of the questions you may have regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. This is a rapidly evolving situation, as more information becomes available we will get it out to you.
How to protect yourself and others:
COVID-19 is spread mainly from person to person, primarily by respiratory droplets when an infected individual coughs or sneezes.
It is important to remember that Influenza also remains a concern and that everyone needs to follow standard prevention practices to reduce the spread of all viruses, including influenza and COVID-19. All are recommended to follow these guidelines.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. But if your hands are soiled, especially after using the bathroom, soap and water should be used.
· Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve. Do not use your hands to cover your cough or sneeze.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home from work, school, and other outside activities if you are not feeling well. Please stay home if you are sick.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
· The CDC does not recommend the use of masks unless you are sick. The mask is used to prevent the individual who is not feeling well from spreading potential illness to others.
We will make every effort to make sure surfaces at the church has been sanitized after each session. If you can help in that effort to help sanitize the area you use most often, then that will be greatly appreciated.
In case the need arises we are actively planning alternatives for services, meetings and other gatherings.
It’s important that everyone “like” our Facebook page and go to the website at greatfriend.org to make sure you have signed up to receive emails and texts.
1. Minneapolis Public Schools Listening Sessions
2. Treasures Youth Choir Live Recording Now Available
SAT.FEB.8th @ 6PM: GFMBC Music Ministry Bowling Night
4. FRI.FEB.14th @ 6PM: MSBC Agape Ball
5. SAT.FEB.22nd @ 10AM: Sankofa Youth Forum
@ Noon - 2PM FCS Financial Seminar
@ Noon - 2PM FCS Financial Seminar
6. SAT.FEB.22nd @ 7PM: “The Sounds of Gospel